- Isadar's solo piano holiday release, O Christmas features 10 arrangements of (mostly) well know traditional carols of the season.
- I also got a copy of guitarist Wall Matthews 2010 holiday release titled simply Christmas Guitar which, like Isadar's album, features arrangements of classics (14 tracks in all).
- Bryan Carrigan, a talented keyboard player whose 2011 release Passing Lights was a real ear-pleaser (look for my review of that CD very soon), has just released Windows and I have little doubt it will once again showcase his electronic keyboard wizardry.
- Michael Brant DeMaria has released some stellar work over the last few years, so I'm obviously looking forward to hearing his latest, The Maiden of Stonehenge.
- Danny Wright is in the processing of re-releasing the creme de la creme of his past catalog (which he recently acquired the rights to) and I received three of these anticipated discs: Black & White (in a special 25th Anniversary edition), Just Wright For Christmas, and Phantasys.
And I forgot to mention these two fine albums in my last Just Arrived post, but want to make sure they get included here:
- Michael Allison, aka Darshan Ambient, has been one of my faves for years and years and his new one is Falling Light. Really looking forward to hearing this one.
- Two highly talented ambient artists (Richard Roberts, aka Zero Ohms, and Craig Padilla) team up for the third time on When The Earth Is Far Away, which I have little doubt will be amazing.
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Just arrived last week...
Lots of new music came to my mailbox last week...no images this time (sorry!).